BlackHAMMOND has been active in full restoration of vintage HAMMOND organs and Leslie speaker systems for over 20 years. Our showroom is located in the beautiful, historic city of Macon, GA, but we ship nation-wide.
In addition to the restoration and sales of vintage HAMMOND organs, We stock a variety of keyboard instruments to fill every need. Here is a list of some of the NEW products we offer:
HAMMOND organs, Leslie speakers, W.M. Knabe pianos, Kurzweil digital keyboards and pianos, Nord digital keyboards, Studiologic products, NEO-Instruments, Samick acoustic and digital pianos, Eminence Speakers, On-Stage Equipment, and more.
We accept all major credit cards. Financing and leasing arrangements are also available.
BlackHAMMOND has been restoring vintage HAMMOND organs since 1998. Over the past two decades, we've evolved into an establishment that is known for it's innovations with retrofit and re-design of vintage models. Our company is not highly interested in original condition museum pieces, but rather breathing 21st-century life back into the aged instruments. In most of our restoration projects, the addition of many modern, practical features can be found. We remain true to the genuine nature of vintage HAMMOND organs but aren't afraid to present them ideal for the 21st century. All the labor that goes into our units cannot be included in this list, but consider the following brief overview of some procedures:
- Cabinets are 100% vacated, chemically stripped, hand sanded, finished, and hand rubbed between 4 coats of lacquer (cabinet work done by 30 years of experience craftsman)
- Chrome plating of brass hardware
- Sand-blasted, powder-coated metals
- New felts installed throughout the manuals and pedalboards
- Manuals in their entirety disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt
- Drawbars disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt
- Start and run switches along with wiring replaced new
- Floor outlet box wiring replaced new
- All switches opened, cleaned, conditioner coated
- All pre amp and power amps rebuilt using
- New Leslie control circuits and switches (half-moon or TREKII)
- New TrekII solid state pre-amp
- Powered subwoofers
- NEO-VENTILATOR installation
- LED pilot lights
- Preset mechanism degreased, cleaned and re-lubed
- ALL Leslie motors disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt
- Leslie bearings cleaned, lubed, or NEW
- When necessary, NEW speakers in LESLIE
- Rebuilt Leslie crossovers with high-end audio capacitors, or replaced NEW
- New or 100% rebuilt Leslie amplifiers
- EIS three position Leslie replays
- AND MORE!